Haywards Heath / Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 / Department: Legal & Compliance / Hours: Monday to Friday 9 - 5pm
Apply for this job
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Risk Manager to join First Central Group (FCG). Assisting the Group Head of Risk with the day-to-day Management of the Group Risk function, you will have responsibility to FCG and operating companies, including supervision of employee(s) as required.
Ensuring risks are identified, assessed, monitored and reported across the Group of companies and to the Group Audit Committee; establish and quantify the Group Risk Appetite and ensure application of this; and to develop and improve our risk function and reporting.
What we’re looking for:
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- You will Identify, assess, monitor, report and otherwise ensure risks are managed across the business.
- Ensure that the Company’s business model is combined with best practice risk management, and the delivery of the Group risk framework across all areas of the business
- Provide specialist Risk Management guidance leading to the identification and assessment of risks and risk controls across the business, required to meet strategic goals
- Serve as the Risk Management lead serve in relation to issues and risks associated with Solvency and the ORSA process
- Implement our Emerging Risks process
- Constructively challenge management’s assessment of the effectiveness of Controls, and the evidence provided to support their assessment
- Perform analysis of Risks and Controls, identifying trends, threats and opportunities.
- Ensure Group companies and relevant operational departments embed Risk Management within business processes and ensure they are appropriately owned and controlled
- Raise awareness of the benefits of effective Risk Management throughout Group companies
- Monitor Board approved Risk Appetite and ensure that tolerances are adhered by management
- Liaise with Group companies Compliance Officers, Internal and External Auditors as appropriate
- Attend Group companies Audit & Risk Committees and act as deputy for Group Head of Risk when required
- You will be someone with a demonstrable Risk Management experience at an appropriate level, with strong project management experience
- Experienced in building relationships with senior management, with evidence of a proven career track record and consistent record of achievement
- Direct experience with the development, production, or review of the ORSA or FLAOR, or other solvency process management is essential. As is specialist technical knowledge of risk management techniques, with an aptitude to strategic thinking and operational implementation, making a personal impact in business and technical discussions at all levels
- Solid understanding of FCA rules, regulations, principles and codes of practice, and up-to-date knowledge of trends in the insurance industry relevant to Risk Management and Corporate Governance requirements
- You will develop and utilise a network of senior contacts, providing advice on risk across the organisation. Effective at influencing own manager, colleagues and business executives, you will be able to deal with any business concerns or relationship issues
- With the ability to demonstrate the courage to take decisions up to the maximum level of their authority, balancing short and long term needs
- You will be logical and demonstrate a systematic approach to analysis of symptoms and causes, identifying key issues, underlying trends and interrelationships
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please apply today.
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings