Salford Quays / Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits / Department: Data Services / Hours: Monday to Friday, 9-5, 35 hours
Apply for this job
As the Data Scientist you will work with large amounts of data from a range of sources and in a variety of structured and unstructured formats. You will apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyse and interpret data. Help build predictive models and generate machine learning algorithms. Whilst proposing solutions to business challenges, and collaborate with other teams to implement these solutions.
Recognising the dependencies Group companies have on technology provided in-house, the Data Scientist must work collaboratively and seamlessly with the Group’s in-house technology provider along with data presentation/delivery teams located in multiple locations.
- Help to identify opportunities across the organisation where data science can add value
- Assist the Head of Data Science in defining and modelling business problems and solutions
- Help to develop data services that include deep learning, predictive analytics and machine learning
- Perform data analysis and data collection processes that effectively support these data services
- Work individually and with team members, other teams and suppliers to deliver data services
Job Specific Competencies:
Qualifications / Experience
- Comply with all Group Information Security policies.
- Provide reports to internal and external Auditors as requested.
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Proven experience in data science and data analysis
- Good understanding of statistical techniques and their application, including GLMs, decision trees, random forest, boosting, distributions, clustering, simulation and scenario analysis
- Knowledge of distributed data platforms, such as Hadoop / HDFS, Spark
- Knowledge of data structures and schemas, data preparation and cleansing
- Experience of machine learning techniques and libraries
- Knowledge of data science toolkits and languages, such as R, Python, Scala
- Experience of data exploration and visualisation tools
- Good knowledge of data query languages, such SQL, HiveQL, scripting
- Knowledge of data integration services and ETL
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Degree in Data Science or other quantitative field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven analytical and statistical modelling skills.
- Understanding of a service based approach to professional services.
- Specialist qualifications / training relevant to the responsibilities listed above.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the desire to meet or exceed targets.
- Outgoing and passionate, particularly regarding data and technology
- A decision maker with an ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude.
- Strives to drive business improvements contributing to the success of the business.
If this sounds like you click here to apply today !
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings